I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by two sweet bloggers! However, I am respectfully declining the award. I was tempted but, I have had an award free blog since this blog began. However, I am sharing this post. I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to promote and share a few Blogs that I thoroughly enjoy. Beginning with the two wonderful ladies that nominated me!
First nomination: I want to thank Susie at Susie’s Opinions
Second nomination: I want to thank Miriam at Showers of Blessing
The brief story how my blog started:
I started blogging as Joyously Hopeful in 2011. My original intent was to share my experiences parenting two children on opposite ends of the autism spectrum. My blog has become more of a potluck event than I ever intended. You never really know what you will find when you open this blog link. I most often take the chance that whatever happens to be on my mind will become an acceptable read for you. I rarely plan anything I have written here. Truth be told I read everyone else’s blogs way more often than I write on mine. I follow several hundred blogs and I have them delivered to my email through a daily digest. I can spend hours reading everything each of you have written. I travel throughout the world without ever leaving my small mountainside home. Through your words, I have mourned and I have rejoiced with you. I find your words of inspiration and comfort just when I need them most. I have grown to love people I will never meet. I would like to thank each you for sharing so much of yourselves with me and the rest of the world.
My Advice to new bloggers:
- Be yourself and share your story in your own unique and creative way.
- Put yourself out there and knock on a few virtual doors. Visit, like, comment, and follow other blogs you enjoy. You can search topics in the Reader to help you find blogs that interest you.
- Keep in touch with the blogs you follow through the Reader on your blog. It’s on the left top corner of your blog next to “My Site,” click Reader, open and explore. Or just click right here, Or if you prefer have the blogs you follow emailed to you directly.
- Have the Blogs you follow emailed directly to you so you never miss a post from your favorite blogs. Go to Reader. It’s on the left top corner of your blog next to “My Site,” click open and click followed sites, click manage next to followed sites. You will see a small arrow next to the name of each blog you follow. To open the email settings click email, the button will turn blue. You can then choose how often each blog will be delivered to your email. Or just click right here.
- Set up a Gravatar. Your Gravatar will be seen whenever you like or comment. Be sure to include a link to your blog on there so people can find you.
- Participate in the daily post on WordPress. It’s fun and you will meet a lot of regular fellow bloggers by participating there.
- If you want great blog followers BE a great follower. Be yourself, write your story and connect with fellow bloggers. It will attract more of the right people to your blog.
Nominations (Accept or decline, you are appreciated either way!)
*This a small fraction of the blogs I have grown to love and I hate that so many are not included here.
Please feel free to accept or decline the nomination. Should you accept here are the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to receive the award.
- Notify your nominees and provide a nomination link to your award post.
Here are the nomination links to the original nomination posts: