The Black Cat Blue Sea Award
I want to thank Miriam from Showers of Blessings for nominating me for the The Black Cat Blue Sea Award. Please visit her uplighting blog. She shares stories with wonderful pictures of her many travels.
- Thank the nominator who nominated you.
- Answer 3 questions asked by the nominator.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers.
- Ask 3 questions to the nominees
The following are the 3 questions Miriam asked me, and my answers are in italic:
- What is your most memorable moment? The look of pure delight on my children’s faces when they would gift me with a flower or a heart shaped stone.
- When was your last time of having tears of joy? Last week during our family game night.
- What do you like the best about blogging? My granddaughter’s joy when she sees herself in a post.
My nominees are:
My three questions for the nominees:
- Where would you go in a time travel machine? Would you stay?
- What’s the smartest thing you’ve seen an animal do?
- What are the 3 things in nature you find most beautiful?
My dear Nominees, have fun!!
Nomination Link from Miriam.
Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the awesome nominator and give a like to their blog(s)
- Write a post about this award
- Tell everyone a short bit on why you started your website
- Give two small pieces of advice for other bloggers
- Nominate a maximum of 15 bloggers
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them via comment!
I was nominated by Makayla Nielson from Beautiful, Gracious and Good. Be sure to check out her blog and give her a follow. I have previously accepted 2 similar awards. I am going to copy and paste my previous response here and provide a link to my previous Blogger Recognition Award.
The brief story how my blog started:
I started blogging as Joyously Hopeful in 2011. My original intent was to share my experiences parenting two children on opposite ends of the autism spectrum. My blog has become more of a potluck event than I ever intended. You never really know what you will find when you open this blog link. I most often take the chance that whatever happens to be on my mind will become an acceptable read for you. I rarely plan anything I have written here. Truth be told I read everyone else’s blogs way more often than I write on mine. I follow several hundred blogs and I have them delivered to my email through a daily digest. I can spend hours reading everything each of you have written. I travel throughout the world without ever leaving my small mountainside home. Through your words, I have mourned and I have rejoiced with you. I find your words of inspiration and comfort just when I need them most. I have grown to love people I will never meet. I would like to thank each you for sharing so much of yourselves with me and the rest of the world.
My Advice to new bloggers:
- Be yourself and share your story in your own unique and creative way.
- Put yourself out there and knock on a few virtual doors. Visit, like, comment, and follow other blogs you enjoy. You can search topics in the Reader to help you find blogs that interest you.
- Keep in touch with the blogs you follow through the Reader on your blog. It’s on the left top corner of your blog next to “My Site,” click Reader, open and explore. Or just click right here, Or if you prefer have the blogs you follow emailed to you directly.
- Have the Blogs you follow emailed directly to you so you never miss a post from your favorite blogs. Go to Reader. It’s on the left top corner of your blog next to “My Site,” click open and click followed sites, click manage next to followed sites. You will see a small arrow next to the name of each blog you follow. To open the email settings click email, the button will turn blue. You can then choose how often each blog will be delivered to your email. Or just click right here.
- Set up a Gravatar. Your Gravatar will be seen whenever you like or comment. Be sure to include a link to your blog on there so people can find you.
- Participate in the daily post on WordPress. It’s fun and you will meet a lot of regular fellow bloggers by participating there.
- If you want great blog followers BE a great follower. Be yourself, write your story and connect with fellow bloggers. It will attract more of the right people to your blog.